A card access system is a type of access control system that uses cards to grant or deny access to authorized users. Card access systems are becoming increasingly popular in businesses and organizations of all sizes, as they offer a number of advantages over traditional key-based systems.
Advantages of Card Access Systems
- Convenience: Card access systems are more convenient than key-based systems, as users do not have to carry around a large number of keys. A single card can be used to access multiple doors, and cards can be easily programmed with new access permissions.
- Security: Card access systems are more secure than key-based systems, as it is more difficult to duplicate a card than it is to copy a key. Card access systems can also be used to track who has accessed which doors and when, which can be helpful for security and auditing purposes.
- Flexibility: Card access systems are more flexible than key-based systems, as they can be easily adapted to changing security needs. For example, cards can be programmed to expire after a certain period of time, or they can be revoked if a user’s access privileges are changed.
Types of Card Access Systems
There are two main types of card access systems: proximity systems and swipe systems.
- Proximity systems: Proximity systems use radio frequency identification (RFID) technology to read the card’s ID. When a user swipes their card near the reader, the reader sends a signal to the card and the card sends back its ID. If the ID matches the ID that is programmed into the reader, the door will unlock. Proximity systems are the most common type of card access system.
- Swipe systems: Swipe systems use magnetic stripe technology to read the card’s ID. When a user swipes their card through the reader, the reader reads the magnetic stripe on the card and sends the ID to a central computer. The central computer checks the ID against a database of authorized users and, if the ID matches, the door will unlock. Swipe systems are less expensive than proximity systems, but they are also less secure.
Benefits of Using WatchNET Access Control Systems
WatchNET access control systems offer a number of benefits over other types of card access systems, including:
- Scalability: WatchNET systems are scalable, so they can be easily adapted to growing businesses.
- Durability: WatchNET systems are built to last, so you can be confident that they will provide reliable access control for your facility for years to come.
- Ease of use: WatchNET systems are easy to use, so you can quickly and easily set up and manage your access control system.
- Security: WatchNET systems are highly secure, so you can be confident that your facility is protected from unauthorized access.
If you are looking for a convenient, reliable, and secure access control system for your facility, then a WatchNET card access system is the perfect solution for you. Contact WatchNET today to learn more about our systems and how we can help you improve the security of your facility.